As I prepare for First Wednesday at church tonight, I'm reminded of what a difference a month makes, and how great my God is.
Last month, on the day of First Wednesday, I had one of the worst days of my career. I felt trapped, I'd been in trouble at work for something I didn't do, one of my favorite coworkers was being transferred, another was resigning, and my boss was making my life miserable. I came to church that night with a heavy heart, praying that God would change my situation. I had received an email that day asking if I would be available for an interview at a job I had applied for. I wanted to let myself be hopeful, but I was just too skeptical.
Fast forward to today. I got that job, and things have drastically turned around. I have a job that I enjoy, a boss who stops by my office to chat about Star Wars and football and who consistently tells me I'm doing a great job. And, I have my own office, with a 10 minute commute and I get to go home for lunch every day. I am no longer stressed all the time, and I have 3 extra hours in my day!
God proved himself faithful once again. And I am so grateful.
best reads 2025
6 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment