Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy Happy Happy

I love Duck Dynasty... I unashamedly want to be Phil when I grow up.  He knows exactly who he is.  He is well educated (he has a Master's Degree), he is wealthy (he founded a multi-million dollar business), but he doesn't let education or social status define him.  He is content to be the husband of one wife, a follower of the Lord, a father and grandfather to his family, a jokester, a hunter, and a good ol' southern boy.  He says what he thinks, but it is always full of wisdom.

So often, I let myself be defined by peripherals.  I worry that I don't have a Master's degree, so I worry I won't be taken seriously enough in my professional life.  I drive a car with a busted window, and I worry that I will be judged by my peers for my financial status.  I live in a one bedroom apartment when so many of my friends are buying houses.  I don't have any kids, and I'm not planning on changing that anytime soon.  I worry I will be seen as selfish or incomplete in some way.

And yet, in the things that matter, my definition is complete.  I am His child.  I am dearly loved and cherished.  I am the wife of a man who loves me, supports me, and takes care of me.  I am a daughter, granddaughter, niece, and "aunt."  I am a teacher, disciple maker, and mentor.  I love with my whole heart, and I live life fully.    I am learning to look to the One whose definitions matter, and to allow myself to be content and complete in Him.  Even when formulaically I shouldn't be, I am in fact, "happy, happy, happy."

Things that are currently making me extremely happy:

 Time invested in our college small group
 
 

My family: I love how much alike my dad and grandpa are :)
 
 
Candlelit talks on the patio with my love
 
 
 
Donning our gameday gear and gamefaces
 
 
 
Surprise love notes from my best friend <3 strong="strong">

2 comments:

Tiffany Anne said...

I am so proud you are my freshman!!! :) I will have to get you some black and gold gameday gear though!!!

Mindy said...

You are precious just as you are! I love you big time!!!! And I have to admit, I am also hooked on Duck Dynasty. You know they attend church in MS. and one of the sons, the one who doesn't talk on the show, is a pastor. I think we should get a bus and go one Sunday.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com