1. Babel - Mumford and Sons. You can listen here to one of my current favorite songs.
I love Mumford because they are raw and real. Their music is technically sound, and immensly beautiful. Plus, I just love a good banjo. Also, their lyrics are poetic, and stirring, which is important to me.
Take this excerpt for instance from "Roll Away Your Stone":
Roll away your stone, I'll roll away mine
Together we can see what we will find
Don't leave me alone at this time
For I am afraid of what I will discover inside
Cause you told me that I would find a hole
Within the fragile substance of my soul
And I have filled this void with things unreal
And all the while my character it steals
Darkness is a harsh term don't you think?
And yet it dominates the things I see
It seems that all my bridges have been burnt
But you say that's exactly how this grace thing works
It's not the long walk home that will change this heart
But the welcome I receive with the restart
2. International Delight, Peppermint Mocha Creamer. Seriously ridiculous... way better than the Coffee Mate version. Go buy it. Taste it. Thank me.

3. James Bond Movies. Dr. No... Goldfinger...From Russia With Love. Oh, Sean Connery, how I love you. And I can say that safely, because my sweet husband has an equally large crush on him :) We curl up on the couch together and watch the movies, giggling at the corny jokes and horrible Bond Girl names. Generally, I fall asleep. But it's fun time spent with my love, and something that we've come to share. It's ours... and I love it.

4. Downton Abbey. If you're not watching it, shame on you! Season 1 is on Netflix, so get started! You can't beat Maggie Smith as the Dowager Countess, and all of the costumes and sets are just breathtaking.


0 comments:
Post a Comment