We did four boxes, two girls and two boys. This year, I felt such a connection to these boxes. I don't really know why, but I didn't want to let them go. I have prayed over these children like they are my own, and I don't want some stranger there when they open the boxes. I want to hug them and share in their joy and tell them that they are so special and loved and beautiful. I want to tell them about Jesus' love for them... how he sought them out.
Instead, I put my boxes in the little red wagons that our sweet children's pastor had assembled, and I let them go.
It was such a beautiful time in our service to see our children pull in the wagons full of shoeboxes. To see them carefully parading in the flags of the nations. To see my church family stretch forth their hands and pray over these hundreds of children. Children that we will probably never meet, but that I feel such a burden for. I couldn't even watch the promotional video, because I knew I would cry.
| The boxes collected in 1st service |
| Wagons filled with love :) |
| Flags of the nations |
| Love this! |
| These sweet kids took their jobs very seriously.
|
Days like this can't help but bring my heart for adoption and orphan care to the forefront. I want to go and love on these kids. I want to adopt 8 of them and bring them into my home... to give them a family, an inheritance, a name. I want to show them what the Gospel really is... to show my family and community how God graciously adopted me into his family, and gave me full rights as his child.
And yet, I know the time is not right. I know I have to wait. It is oh so hard, but God is doing things in our lives now that require our focus. And so I hold tight to the vision that God has given me, and I go forward with full force in the tasks he has given me now. And I pray for these children, for their families, and for their communities. And I trust God when he says, "I will not leave you as orphans, but I will come for you." John 14:18

0 comments:
Post a Comment