Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thoughtfulness

Yesterday, I was talking to my sweet husband about our little patio.  He has been working on some writing, and we needed to sit down together and do some editing.  I suggested that we have coffee on the patio and work.  Then I exclaimed that we needed party lights out there.  He made an offhanded comment about us having some big retro Christmas lights.  I responded that it was almost time for a Christmas tree, and then promptly got lost on a rabbit trail of ornaments and cookies and mistletoe and shiny things.  That's just who I am.

On my way home, I got a phone call.  He told me to stop at the mailbox and call him when I got there.  I did so, quite confused.  Imagine my surprise when out patio lit up with brightly colored lights!  Ok, so I squealed.  Twice.  Then I ran up three flights of stairs and tackled him in a bear hug. 

He had spent his afternoon digging the lights out of the BACK of the storage closet, and hanging them outside, just to surprise me.  Boy was my heart ready to burst.  That man is something else :)

Needless to say, I bundled up and we sat out there last night.  Me grinning like a possum the whole time...

1 comments:

Tiffany Anne said...

AWESOME!!! He sounds like a really nice guy!

Also, I love the blog's new look!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com