Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Two is Better than One

My husband is amazing.  He's not perfect, but he's perfect for me.

He is strong.

Handsome.

Funny.

Smart.
Talented.

And yet, he is a sinner, saved by grace.

What a strange paradox.

And it is in that grace that we operate.

We love wholeheartedly.

We forgive freely.

We forget easily.

We give grace liberally.

And through it all, he loves me.
Just as I am.  And yet he encourages me to be better.
He challenges me with the Word. 
He forgives when I screw up.
He forgets when I speak before I think.

Who else would have a Star Trek marathon with me and think it was sexy?
Who else would give me space to read, and think, and dream?
Who else would tickle me until I couldn't breathe?
Who else would see me in my pajamas, with greasy hair, and broken glasses, and tell me I am beautiful?

He is mine, and I am his.

Mr. & Mrs.

Thankful.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com