Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Book Worm

I have the unique privilege of getting to work from home.  When I started my job almost 2 years ago, I never dreamed this would be a possibility, much less my reality.  However, a position change and a promotion later, I work 7-5:30, Monday-Thursday from home.  Or in the case of today, from the library.  Something about settling into a huge leather chair, light bouncing off the live oaks and streaming through the window, being surrounded by books... it soothes my soul.

Today I am neck deep in a course about Air Quality (gag), and I'm bored stiff.  However, one little yellow slip in my post office box made all the difference.  I could hardly wait to get to the car before I ripped open the cardboard to behold my treasures.  Three brand spankin new books... all for ME.

In order to understand my excitement, perhaps I should preface this account for you.  I was the kid who looked forward to library day, the book fair, scholastic orders, and the summer reading program.  For Easter, I got books in my basket instead of candy.  My idea of fun at the mall was to sit "indian style" on the floor of the children's section and read the backs of all the Boxcar Children books.  I had stacks on the back of the toilet, under the pillow on my bed, in the car, in my desk, I never went anywhere without a book!  My parents used to play a game to see how long they could talk to me while I was reading, before I knew what was going on.

So, fastforward into adulthood.  There's this magical land called Amazon.com.  You can peruse their stock for hours without leaving your couch.  You can create wishlists and drool over new releases, and my personal favorite, buy used!  Also, they have this tricky little feature known as super saver shipping.  It's for suckers like me.  Because if you spend $25, you get FREE SHIPPING!  So I tell myself that for the price I'd pay for shipping, I might as well add another (or two or three) books to my order!  (I'm not that hard to convince...)

Back to today.  The cardboard box that could have been made of gold.  My amazon order was HERE!  I've flipped through my books, read the back covers, smelled them (I know, I know) and gazed gleefully and longingly at their colorful shiny covers.  They are calling to me, and I can't wait!!

So, without further ado... here's what I'm reading as soon as possible.

Soul Detox, by Craig Groeshel
Undefiled: Redemption From Sexual Sin, Restoration For Broken Relationships, by Harry Schaumburg

Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World, by Bob Goff   
 I'll be happy to post reviews and answer questions once I finish each one!

Love, Jennifer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com