Wednesday, June 20, 2012

17 Days

The countdown is on.  17 days until our new apartment.  I. am. so. excited. 

It's nothing special.  Just a one bedroom, basic apartment, but to me it feels like Buckingham Palace!  We'll be on the 3rd floor, so no more elephant children banging overhead at all hours.  Vaulted ceilings, and a wood burning fireplace come as 3rd floor perks as well. 

Over these past few months that we've been living with my parents, I've learned a lot of things. 

A few of which are:

1. I love my family.  My parents are precious and hilarious.

2. I respect my parents.  They've gone through some tough situations lately, and handled them with class and grace.

3. We don't need as much stuff or room as we think.  Josh and I have been confined to 2 rooms, with a bed and a couch and a couple of dressers, and we've made it just fine. (granted, I'm SUPER ready for a kitchen and a desk and some privacy again)

4. I love my husband.  He is funny, kind, smart, and giving.

5. I miss my own home.  I'm a homemaker at heart, and I'm unashamed.  I love taking care of my husband, cooking, organizing, sewing, and gasp...even doing laundry!  I miss having my own home to care for.

17 days.  I'll miss seeing my dad at lunch time, and cooking in the kitchen with my mom.  But, I'll enjoy getting to have them over to my house, and spoil them again.  It's the little things really :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com