Hello again, blog world. Sorry to have neglected you for so long. I am really trying to become more diligent about this! I read other blogs every day, and am disappointed when they don't update (I'm talking about you, Mindy ), but I never update my own.
I've been following Gretchen's blog over at honeyishrunkthegretchen.com for a while now. She is very inspiring! I can certainly relate to her snarky sense of humor, her gung-ho attitude toward things (that are often short lived, just like me!), and her genuine excitement over kitchen gadgets and other little things in life. She decided one day that she was tired of her weight and decided to do something about it. She started her blog as a form of storytelling and accountability. She is brutally honest, and posts her weekly weigh-ins for all to see! gasp.. I could never be so brave.
All in all, she's inspired me to get back to blogging, and to pursue my own weight loss story. I've been toying with the idea for about a month now: going to the gym on and off, eating better sometimes and alternating between enthusiasm and self-loathing. So, we'll see.
That being said, here's the good news. I. Jennifer. Completed week one of Ease into 5K!! Can you believe it?! I never thought I'd be able to do that. Running is something I've always wanted to do, but never been able to. And what's more, I LIKED IT! Yes, it was hard. Yes, I am SLOW. Yes, I was sucking wind by the end of it. Yes, I'm at most running 60 seconds at a time. BUT, I DID IT!!!
Also, I've made some healthy choices lately. Less fast food. Less fried food. More fruits and veggies. Lots of water. More exercise.
I'm excited. I haven't weighed myself again since that first time, so I'm anxious to see what that looks like now... but also scared. It gets real, then. Hah!
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement that I've heard from a few of you. That means the world to me and excites me to keep going.
best reads 2025
6 months ago

2 comments:
Great job Jennifer!!!! I wish I could be more disciplined myself! Keep up the good work!
Oops! Sorry, sometimes I'm not sure if anyone's reading, and sometimes I waver between posting what I have time to and the post I really want to, postponing until I forget what I was going to post about in the first place.
I'm sooo proud of you! I like the idea of running (maybe) but I HATE actual running. I admire anyone who attempts that particular activity.
Post a Comment