Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Just Keep Swimming

Today's healthy choices brought to you by Publix:


Was that bowl of strawberries worth almost $4?  Probably not.  But them being washed and ready for me to choose instead of a honey bun?  Totally worth it!

Today has been a day of focus.  Reminding myself why I'm worth trying harder.  Looking to others for inspiration.  Defining my goals, and forming a plan to reach them.

Last night, I did a repeat of W1D3 of my Ease Into 5K plan.  I've been having such shocking success on week 1, that I was scared to jump to week 2.  For the first time, I "ran" inside, on a treadmill, instead of outside on a sidewalk.  Would you believe it, I ran farther and faster this way?!  1.5 miles this time, and a pace of 15 min/mi.  While that may be slow to you exercise buffs, it was HUGE for me!! 

I'm trying to decide what to do for exercise tonight.  You're supposed to skip days in between running, so I'm thinking strength/weight training at the Y.  We'll see.

Tonight is youth group at church, where I'll get to see my 7th grade girls :)  I'm going to try my best not to eat pizza there... or at least not very much of it.  I've stayed way healthy today, and I don't want to crash and burn tonight.

Here's to a good day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com