Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome, 2012

I have the coolest feeling about 2012.  I feel like Josh and I are finally starting to realize what God's calling is for our lives, and for our marriage.  He is growing us both is some awesome ways, and strengthening our marriage in some hard but oh so worth it ways.  The feeling going into this year is unlike any other I remember.  I feel excited.  Hopeful.  Anticipating something wonderful.  Peaceful, knowing that God has our best interests at heart, and that He has good things in store.

I'm not much for New Year's Resolutions, but I am committing to make some changes in the new year.  I have a strong desire to go deeper in God's word.  I want to make my quiet time a priority, every day.  I want to learn more about prayer, and to exercise its power.  I want to make healthier choices in my eating and lifestyle.  I'm realizing that this isn't all about me.  I have a husband that I want to grow old with.  I most likely have children in my future that I want to run and play and carry and wrestle with.  I owe it to those that I love to take care of myself and to be the best possible "me" that I can.

Finally, I want to blog more.  For some reason I am terrible at journaling and blogging.  I'm inconsistent. But, I want to leave a legacy for my family... to mark down what God is doing in our lives, and to chronicle where we've come from, and our journey to where we are going.  This is exciting, as I finally see it in perspective.

So, 2012... let's see what you have to offer.  I'm psyched to meet you!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I just hopped on blogger to post and I saw your post come up. I'm right there with you. It's funny, I am thinking along the same lines you are. Maybe it is God calling us to something deeper with him. Into a fellowship we've never known before. Isn't he so great?! I'll be praying for you:)

Rachael Davis said...

I'm happy you're here!!! I'd love to put you in my feed....can you add the RSS option or add a "subscribe in mail"? Can't wait to keep up with you!

Mindy said...

I'm sure God has great things in store for you two! I love reading your thoughts thanks for sharing them again!

jenniferchristine said...

Rachael, I think I added both. I'm also adding you to my follow list. Your blog makes me happy :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com