So, when I got home, he kicked into action. We packed the hammocks (which deserve a whole post of their own. Short version: check out Eagles Nest Outfitters and drool.) and headed down to the bay. For those of you who don't live in the lap of luxury like we do... feel free to be jealous. It is simply beautiful here.
We stopped by the Robertsdale wonder that is Danny's Fried Chicken (can I get a Go Bears?) and picked up a "picnic." Danny's is a ratty hole in the wall place that serves the most glorious comfort food you could imagine. I refuse to even look at their health rating. I just say an extra blessing before I eat and bask in the crispiness.
There's this little spot that we found during a rainstorm. It's a tiny covered public pier with just enough room to hang two hammocks. Also, a bit of trivia: it's not far from the part where my Prince Charming proposed :)
The weather was UNBELIEVABLE!! After the weeks of unbearable heat and humidity, I felt like we were getting a glimpse into heaven tonight. We just kept saying how wonderful it felt, and how we should get out of the house more often. And why wouldn't we, when greeted with views like this...
It was EXACTLY what I needed. The sense of rest and peace was almost immediate. I kept silently thanking the Lord for creating such a place, and such a person for me to share it with. We had time to talk and catch up on the day and share thoughts, hopes, and dreams. What a beautiful moment... one that I want to remember when I'm old and grey... which is why I'm recording it now, while it's fresh on my mind.
We got the chance to talk for a while with a sweet lady who just seemed lonely, and it made me smile to think that we had somehow eased a void for her. We shared a spectacular sunset with her before leaving and going back to our cozy home. What a way to end a day... beautiful creation, wonderful Creator, loving husband, full heart.

1 comments:
Beautiful post. Keep recording those memories. Your kids will love this one day!
Post a Comment