Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Settling In

Well, we've been married for a week and 2 days.  Yeah, I've become THAT girl.... the one with the obnoxious anniversary countdown.

Being married is weird.  HAH! But in a good way.  After living alone for 2 years, I suddenly have someone always here. And while, I love it, and I wouldn't want to be here with anyone else, for an introvert and an only child, this is quite an adjustment.

However, this manifests itself in good ways too.  When I watch something a little too scary, I've got someone in the bed to keep me safe :)  When I want someone to eat ice cream with me so I don't feel guilty about it, he's there to cuddle on the couch with me and have an ice cream party!  It's nice to have someone to kiss good morning and someone to talk to until I fall asleep.

Getting into a routine of coming home and cooking and cleaning and doing laundry has been an adjustment too.  When I was alone, I flew by the seat of my pants... eating pancakes for dinner if I wanted to, and leaving dishes in the sink till the next day.  Now I have someone who expects a new and hot supper every night, and who values cleanliness and organization above all else.  Those of you who know me, know that this isn't my strong suite.  This being said, I LOVE COOKING, and I LOVE BEING A WIFE.  And his traits keep me accountable, and thus content in a clean house :)

Now, I hope I don't make him sound like some macho dictator who demands a sandwich from the couch while scratching his belly.... what a picture.  He is sweet and encouraging and helps me clean and tells me I'm a wonderful cook and asks for seconds.  He's a good man :)

We make a great team, and we are happy as "two butterbeans in a skillet."

More later... I'm off to cook supper :)

1 comments:

Emily said...

Love this!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com