Saturday, January 7, 2012

Organization and Asian Bourbon-less Chicken

Today has been a WONDERFUL day.  I woke up well rested, went grocery shopping, unloaded everything, cleaned out the fridge (ew, ew, ew), cleaned the kitchen, did 4 loads of laundry, and packed away all the Christmas decorations.

It's been quite a while since I've felt well enough to work a full day like this.  I am so thankful for renewed energy and focus.  Quite exciting for me, I got to complete a fun project that I've wanted to tackle.  I print off all these wonderful recipes from Pinterest or The Pioneer Woman, and they end up spattered, folded, and scattered in drawers and between cookbooks.  So, today, I gathered all my print outs and recipes written on backs of envelopes and post-its. 

I went to the store and picked out a super cute binder. 


Then, I put each recipe in a protective sleeve and divided them with tabs. 


Now, I have a beautiful cookbook that will wipe clean and keep for years.  It was just something little, but I felt very accomplished at the end.

This week, I've already planned our menu for each day, and I am excited to try several new recipes.  The first one was tonight, and it was SO good.  I found the recipe on Pinterest, and I made the fried rice up as I went. Just to give you a preview, it involved this:


And resulted in:




(Disclaimer: I don't know why my picture quality is being weird.)


All in all, a fun day spent together.  And, a day when I feel accomplished and fulfilled as a wife and homemaker.  Those days are not as often as I would like, but I am learning to make them happen.  I'm always glad when I do :)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yumminess!!! I need to start another cookbook. Mine is overflowing, literarily!

Megan said...

Aren't those kind of days wonderful?! I don't have very many productive days either, so it's nice when one comes along. It makes for a happy family, because Mamma is happy!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com