Friday, January 13, 2012

Whirlwind of change

Isn't it funny how our plans change?  Why do we even make them in the first place?  Well, I make them because I'm stubborn.  Because I think I know what's best.  Isn't that precious?

God has been doing a number on me and Josh lately.  Speaking to us more clearly than we've ever experienced.  In our separate quiet times, he's been quietly changing our hearts, answering our dreams, and bringing us closer together.  It's the coolest thing when we lay together in the quiet at night, with just the sound of the fan, and we talk and pray... just sharing our hearts.  And what's been astounding to us is how God is telling us the same thing.  If I had to sum it up in one word, it's peace.

We've never been more scared and out of our comfort zones in our lives, but at the same time God is saying, "wait.  trust.  peace.  believe.  dream.  hope.  SOAR!"  We firmly believe that God is telling us to stay.  To put down roots.  To jump into ministry wholeheartedly and to get dirty and gross and let Him shine through us.  The situation before us is bleak, to say the least.  To us, it almost seems hopeless.  But to God, is is beautiful.  Restorable.  Promising.

The crazy thing is, He has chosen us to make that happen.  Two broken people, clinging to grace, living their second chance.  That, my friends, is NUTS.  But that's God for you.  Taking something that seems crazy to us and making it perfect beyond our wildest imagination. 

So... what does that look like?  Well, immediately, it is a huge leap of faith.  We need a new car in the worst way.  I pray every time I go to crank mine, and most of the time while I'm driving it.  For Josh, it means going about seminary in a different way than we originally thought.  We realized that it doesn't make a lot of sense to leave for a few years and then come back and say, "Ok, we're ready to help rebuild!"  God is leading him to look at online options and extension programs through NOBTS and SEBTS.  And boy, are we excited at what possibilities that will bring!  Josh is ready to get to work, and he wants all the training he can get.

In the next few months, our world is getting a bit turned upside down.  Our apartments are income based.  When I was single, and moved in, it was a perfect opportunity for me.  Now, two raises and a new position later, married to a full time worker, we don't qualify to stay there.  Our lease is up July 1, and we have to find a new place to live.  Right now, our minds are swimming, trying to figure what this looks like.  Do we rent another apartment?  Neither of us are thrilled about this option, because we are ready to put down roots somewhere that is "ours."  We are ready for more room, and not to have drunken neighbors arguing or elephant children stomping above our heads at all hours of the night.  So, we'll see.  We also have the option to find a house to rent, or to buy.  Buying scares the bejeezus out of both of us, but at the same time it's exciting.  Our first home.  More room :)  Or as Josh keeps saying, a DRUM room!!!

So, please be in prayer for us, dear friends.  We are confused and scared, but we've never been more excited either.  Because, we know we are right where God wants us to be, and we are looking to Him for guidance.  What a ride...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like an adventure in the making!

Mindy said...

I will be praying! I'm excited to see what God is going to do!

Megan said...

I understand where you are more than you will ever know. This seems the constant state of our lives. I will be praying for you! Can't wait to see what God is up to!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com