I'm a terrible blogger. I should have known. I've never been able to keep a journal or a diary. My foray into bass guitar lasted 2 weeks. My stint at crochet? Maybe a month. Long enough to make a scarf. I would like to say that it's because I am interested in too many things, and that I want to learn all that I can. However, if I were to be honest, I think the culprit is discipline. I have none. Ok, maybe none is an exaggeration... but in certain areas, I have very little.
Blogging is good for me. It's like exercise or keeping a clean house. I feel better when I do it. Then why don't I do it consistently? Honestly, I have no idea. However, all three of these are something I want to perfect in the coming year. I have no idea what's ahead, but here are some things that seem to be coming: marriage, moving, changing jobs... who knows? The possibilities are endless really. We are trying to keep our lives open to God's will, and not ours. And while this is fun and exciting and sometimes scary, I'm going to need discipline. When I'm married, I'll be responsible for making our home an inviting, peaceful place for Josh to come home to. That means being organized, managing my time well, and keeping things clean. Ouch.
As for the point of this blog, I'm not sure what it is. It's as scattered as my life is right now. And yet, I am happy, which is exciting. Things are falling into place... not the way I ever though, but in ways much better, and God ordained. Life is good. Confusing, unorganized, chaotic at times, but good.
best reads 2025
6 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment