Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 2: His Worship

As you may know, I started this challenge that I found on Lori Wilhite's blog Leading and Loving It.  It is a 10 day challenge to take your husband or significant other before the Lord.  Each day you have a specific topic to pray for.

Yesterday was his leadership.  I jokingly apologized to Josh in advance for what God was going to do because of my prayers.  Little did I know, God would use that very day to test his leadership within his cottage, with his roommates. 

The place had become a disgusting mess.  Josh's first thought was to clean just his mess, and to scold the others for the rest, and assign everyone a job.  However, the more we talked, he decided to lead by example and to be a servant to his roommates.  We spent our "date night" time that we get so little of during the week to clean, organize and vacuum his cottage.  I, Jennifer, the one who gets grossed out by most things... I helped clean a bathroom occupied by 4 men that hasn't been touched in months. That, my friends, is true love.

The thing that I took away from this experience was how proud of Josh that I am.  Instead of reverting to pointing fingers and laying the blame on someone else, he took responsibility for being a leader among his guys and he did what needed to be done.  He put himself last, and put others first.  So, this challenge could prove very interesting.  Especially since I'll get to day 7: His Family when we are at his grandparents' house with his WHOLE family for a week for Thanksgiving...haha

Today's is worship.

"Worship, as you know, is a matter of the heart.  So, let's begin by praying for his heart.  I know what it feels like to have a heavy or burdened or uneasy heart.  Don't you?  Let's come together against this for our guys.

Our Focus:

  • Take the burdens from his heart
  • Replace them with freedom
  • In that freedom, teach him what it truly means to worship You in spirit and in truth
  • Come and meet him where he is
  • Allow him to find rest in his home and current circumstances
  • Begin to lay new words and encouragement on his heart
  • Develop him into a man who is capable of being in a constant spirit of worship"

My prayer is that God will capture Josh's heart with a renewed sense of who He is, and that worship will naturally flow from that today.  We'll see what happens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com