Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Employee Spotlight

So, here at the illustrious CSU, I have been chosen for the "Employee Spotlight."  Alert the media! (Preferably Bill Rials from Channel 5, because I think he is handsome.) So, for your enjoyment, laughter, or just a diversion from the monotonous boredom of your day, my answers:

Hometown: Silverhill, AL
Hobbies: reading, discovering new music, learning to crochet, watching Alabama football, cooking, working my way through all of Star Trek, The Next Generation!
How long have you worked at CSU? What jobs/titles have you held? Almost 3 months. I am an Editor for the Curriculum Development Department.
List one surprising/interesting thing about yourself that people don’t know: I have been to 6 countries outside of the United States.  My dad owned an antique store while I was growing up, and I had the adventure of traveling with my family to Belgium, Germany, The Netherlands, France, Canada and Mexico.
What makes you happiest?: spending time with my boyfriend of 2 years, Josh, being involved at my church (Church on the Eastern Shore) and being with my family.
Name one of your guilty pleasures and tell why it is: ICE CREAM! I may or may not have an addiction… ok, I do.
Where would you love to travel?: I would love to go to New York City and Alaska.  Outside the US, The United Kingdom and Ireland
Describe yourself in 5 words or less: sarcastic, wordy, a paradox, and a hopeless romantic
Favorite book and why: That’s like asking a mother to choose her favorite child! My little apartment is crammed with books.  Some of my favorites are Due South by R. Scott Brunner because it is a collection of Southern Literature, and The Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker because he used a fantasy novel to radically change my view of God.
Favorite movie: Little Women… sappy, I know, but I never get tired of it!
Favorite food and why: A grilled cheese sandwich.  It is comforting and reminds me of childhood.  It makes bad days better!
If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be? Why? I would like to trade places with someone important at the Smithsonian museums.  That way I could touch and examine every piece of history that I wanted to and spend hours looking at art.  
What is your favorite quote?: “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” –Ghandi. It reminds me that talking and complaining won’t do any good.  I have to put my beliefs into action if I want to see a difference made. 



PS. Josh has started a blog about Biblical Manhood.  You should check it out!

http://joshuapeppersblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com