Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Prayer and Take Your Man to Jesus

If you've read any of this, you know that God is taking me on an incredible journey.  It is beyond what I had dreamed, and he's stretching me like woah. Through this crazy time in my life, prayer has been rocking my world.  I am learning how to talk to God, and he feels closer than ever.  One thing that I have been working on is bringing EVERYTHING to him.  Russell preached Sunday about the importance of talking to God and trusting him, especially in the small things.  It's been really cool to see how that's played out this week. 

I've been following Lori Wilhite's blog, "Leading and Loving It."  Under her resources tab, I came across something called,  "Take Your Man To Jesus: A 10 Day Challenge."  I was intrigued, so I clicked.  What I came across was such a simple concept, yet it struck a deep chord with me.  The premise is to pray fervently for your husband or significant other for 10 days, praying for a specific topic each day.  I love this.  Josh is so important to me, that taking him before Jesus on a daily basis should be the first thing that I think of.  And if he is supposed to be the head of our relationship, then he needs all the spiritual backing that he can get.

So... all that to say this.  I'm taking the challenge.  Starting today.

*note: it refers to husband, but obviously, it works for boyfriends and future husbands too :)

Day 1: His Leadership

All of our men are leaders in one way or another and most of them lead in multiple areas. They are all the leaders in our relationships and homes. Many of them lead multiple people in their place of work. And whether you realize it or not, many of your man’s friends look to your husband as a leader in their friendship. For those of you who have been in leadership roles yourselves, you know the burden and pressure that can come from such roles. Recognize that your husband is a leader to many people, even in situations that you may be unaware of. Let’s ask the Lord to bless them in this role, to teach them through leadership and to use them to influence others.
Our focus:
  • Increase his wisdom in making decisions for those he leads.
  • God would give him confidence as a leader.
  • Call him to step out in his role and calling.
  • Give him influence in the lives of others.
  • That he would view his leadership as a way to lead as the Lord has lead him.
  • Teach him through leading others.
  • A teachable spirit.
Use the next twenty-four hours to focus on your husband’s roles in leadership. Take him before the Lord, specifically as a leader.


I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! 

I can't wait to see what God has in store for Josh.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com