Friday, February 26, 2010

Turned Upside Down

What do you do when everything is turned upside down? Greetings, from the land of the unemployed... population, moi.

So, I got fired. Suddenly. And, it hurt.

As silly as it sounds, I grieved my loss. My pride was hurt, my sense of self worth, devestated. I cried, I yelled, I flipped the school off as I drove by. I was angry, hurt, afraid, sad.

I sat at home alone. I slept ungodly hours. I isolated myself. I was in denial.

Then, I had a wakeup call. The details of said call don't really matter.


SO.....



What to do now?

For one, I stopped isolating myself. I've spent time with family and my second family. I've taken pride in my apartment, and cleaned and organized and decorated...which I've been putting off for months. I watched LOST...a lot of LOST. I prayed, and got some things straight with God. I had a literal come to Jesus meeting...and it was awesome. I've been working on realizing where my true sense of self-worth and security lies. And it is not in Central Christian School, my family, or even Josh.

I've taken responsibility for my life, and I'm excited! The future is full of bright possibilities, and they are mine for the taking. I am setting goals and new priorities.

For one, I am eating better, and starting an exercise plan. I went to the gym on Wednesday for the first time in years. I've only had 1 coke in the past 3 days. I threw away the cookies and brownies, and I've been eating a lot less. And you know what, I'm feeling great. Josh and I are setting fitness goals for ourselves, and I am excited about the future!

So now, for the big announcement.......

I, Jennifer Christine, am going to run a 5K.

(enter gasps of shock and awe here)

Yes, me...resident cupcake lover and chubby kid...who would probably only run to the ice cream truck or away from a large dog...

I found this awesome website and fan page on fb. It gives me a plan to get from couch to 5K in 8 weeks.

I guess I felt like I needed to put this out there, because I need accountability. If you know me very well, you know that I am a procrastinator...I put things off, and I sometimes have trouble finishing what I've started.

Well, I am DETERMINED to do this! I am ready to lose the weight, be active, and accomplish this goal. But I'm going to need support. So, any encouragement you can provide...GREATLY appreciated :)



So, the unknown... it's scary. I'm still afraid and confused. But I know whose hand I'm holding. And I know that He will take care of me.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. To give you a hope and a future."
-Jer 29:11

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com