Monday, March 9, 2009

Good Morning Starshine

Good Morning the night is over and gone
I thought once this dark would last for so long

Feel the sunlight on my face
You have brought me through this place

Jesus, Jesus You found me
Through the long night you led me
You set me free

Do you see just what You’ve done in my life?
You gave me more than I hoped for now I

Feel your sunlight on my face
You have brought me through this place

Jesus, Jesus You found me
Through the long night you led me
You set me free

Feel your sunlight on my face
You have brought me through this place

Jesus, Jesus You found me
Through the long night you led me
You set me free

Good Morning the night is over and gone

Yesterday, in the middle of church, this song came to mind. It’s an old Barlowgirl song. If you’ve never heard it, you should check it out. It so accurately describes my life right now. This past year was one that I wouldn’t care to relive. However, it seems like every single day it’s like God is finally showing me WHY. It’s the coolest thing. The battle was long, and hard…oh so hard…and it’s still not over. But, I can see now where God was taking me, and why I had to go through all the mess to get there. It’s like I have “uh huh” moments all the time. Last Sunday I sat across the table from a girl who is close to my heart, and I was able to share some of those lessons learned the hard way…and it clicked. It was like God said, “See Jennifer, remember that? Yeah, this is why.”

I really feel like it is morning in my life. Being the nerd that I am, I have always been interested in Reagan’s campaign to bring America out of economic crisis. He started by restoring the American people’s faith in their country. The slogan, “It’s morning in America” showed that the best was yet to come. That’s what I feel like right now…like I’ve made it through the long night, and the best is yet to come. Right now, things are better than I once thought possible. I had gotten stuck in a trap, and I didn’t see a way out. It felt like it would be night forever. I could see other people experiencing the sun, but I felt like I would never get there…kind of the always winter but never Christmas…anyway…It’s like God knew the perfect timing, and he suddenly split the skies open and lavished me with warm, golden rays. For the first time, I can face the future without fear. I know that change is coming, but I can greet it with a smile, knowing that God truly does have my best interests at heart, and as my favorite verse right now says, “(He) is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us.” Ephesians 3:20

P.S. Church yesterday was awesome…I love it when God tells you exactly what you need to hear. If you weren’t there, you should give it a listen.

http://www.icotes.org/

It’s in the Beyond the Basics series

Beyond Guilt

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com