Is a real good thing!
I'm pretty sure that's a country song. Don't quote me on that.
What I'm trying to say is, I find something that I like, and I run with it. Like, to the point that I may never eat hummus again, because I ate it every day for three weeks. Or the fact that I'm almost finished with ALL THE EPISODES OF BONES on netflix. Because, yes.
In my challenge to read more in 2014, I started with an Agatha Christie book. They are not a lofty read, but her books are well written, with extensive vocabulary, generally take place in England, involve perhaps my all time favorite literary character, and play into my love of mystery and whodunnit. Well, one was so good, that I read another. And two turned into 3, and then into 4.
That's right. All 4 books I've read this month were Agatha Christie. To my credit, one was not a Hercule Poirot mystery. It's the first of Christie's "non detective" books that I've read. And it was wonderful. Crooked House. I'd recommend it.
I'm going to try and squeeze in one more before February. We'll see. Any ideas for next month's theme?
best reads 2025
6 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment