Josh handled everything like a true stud. Blew my socks off. He made all the phone calls, met the tow truck... he did everything. And then we got the call we've dreaded. It's the transmission, and it's going to have to be completely rebuilt. To the tune of $1,100.
| Happy Tuesday... |
And just like that, the wind was sucked out of us. We were struck with fear, and immediately begin to doubt. I'm sure we sounded like the Israelites, and for that, I am ashamed. "We were just starting to get ahead, and now this." "Can we really never catch a break?" "We don't have that kind of money, what are we going to do?"
And so, we did what every rational newlywed would do when faced with terrifying adult decisions. We built a pillow fort on our third floor balcony. Josh, again the champ, swept the patio and put down an old blanket. Then, he layered blankets, a feather mattress topper, the electric blanket and pillows. It was 30 something degrees outside, and it. was. awesome. We watched The Walking Dead and snuggled and generally felt better about life.
In the morning, I prayed over us (Josh was barely awake) before work. I prayed that God would help us to trust Him, and thanked him for all the times He has provided for us. I prayed that he would give us peace, courage, and joy. I asked him to provide a miracle, and to knock our socks off with His provision. On my way to work, my dad called. He said that he and my mom would give us the money they would spend on Christmas, and they would loan us any remainder past our savings in order to get the car fixed. Boom, miracle. I cried. And I prayed and thanked God for his provision. But he wasn't done yet. Josh went that day and talked to our pastor, who is his boss. He explained everything, and cried, and was very honest and vulnerable. (props to him for being a real man). He told him how we were doing everything in our power to be faithful: tithing, giving beyond that, working in the church, saving, budgeting, etc. And you know what? The pastor said, "give me some time to make a few phone calls." Long story short, God used his body of believers to provide for our need. The money for the repairs was provided through people's generosity! No loans from my parents. No draining our savings account that was for emergencies and Josh's seminary tuition.
Y'all. God is SO good. You can trust Him. He is faithful, I promise. I want to write this down, so that others will see and God will be glorified. I want to share this story with our children and grandchildren; a legacy of God's faithfulness.

0 comments:
Post a Comment