I've got so much rolling around in my head today.
I can't stop thinking about my friends Cason and Colleen.
The short of it is, they were adopting a child domestically. He was born 3 months early, and weighed in at 2lbs 6oz.
They rushed to the hospital to love on and care for the birth
mother and their new son, Asher. For a week, they held him in the NICU,
and were told that the adoption would be finalized. Then, yesterday,
as they are holding and praying over their son, the birth father showed
up at the hospital. Turns out, the birth mother had lied to him and to
them, and now he has chosen to retain custody of his son. Their only
hope is a paternity test. Complete and utter devastation.
To top it off, this is not the first time they have
experienced such heartbreak. They served for a year as missionaries in
Kenya. During their time there, they worked at an orphanage. They fell
in love with a set of abandoned triplets, and began the process to
adopt them.
Everything
was going great, and they had plans to bring their new children home
for Christmas, when a distant relative showed up and decided to take the
children. In subsequent follow ups, they learned that the children
were not being well cared for.
I
can't wrap my head around what they must be feeling. It seems so
unfair... so cruel. And I know that God is not cruel. I know that.
But it's hard for me to understand why he allows such terrible things to
happen. Especially to people who are trying to follow his will
wholeheartedly. It hurts.
And so I do the only
thing that I can... I pray. I pray for Cason and Colleen, for peace and
comfort and strength. I pray that they turn to God in hope, and not
away from him in bitterness. I pray that God will use their story for
His good. And that He will allow them to see the good that comes from
this situation. I pray that He will spare them from the dark and
despair that can so easily entangle them. And, I pray for a miracle. I
pray for a change of heart, by a 20 year old kid who can't provide what
this baby needs. I pray for opened eyes to the love and security that
these wonderful people are prepared to offer his son. I pray for little
Asher... that God will protect Him. That He will provide for him, even
when it seems all wrong to us.
And, I trust. I trust that God is good. That He is faithful. That He works all things together for our good.
And still, I hope.
best reads 2025
6 months ago





2 comments:
What a pitiful story, and how hard to try to make sense of. I will also pray for your friends. God does know what He's doing, but gosh it's hard in the waiting.
I too do not understand painful things that happen. How heartbreaking for this beautiful couple. I too will lift them up tonight. I have several times struggled with why bad things happen to good people, and came to the same conclusion as you have: God is good, and I must trust Him because what is unseen is much more real than what we see, and He alone is privy with crystal clear vision to the unseen.
Post a Comment