Thursday, September 17, 2009

Here I am?

So, I’m not sure what God is doing, but I’ve never been so scared and excited at the same time. As Josh said, “The continent of Africa is following us.”

Over the past few months, God has grabbed our attention in a way that is beyond question. The cool (and scary) thing is that He has done it separately. I finally got up the courage to tell Josh what God was doing in my life, and he looked at me with this stunned expression and said, “What?! You too?!”

So, we’ve been praying. A lot. And asking questions. And doing research. And talking to anyone who will listen. haha. And it seems like EVERY single day, an Africa reference comes up: the pastor’s illustration, a commercial, a blog, a song… it’s everywhere. Sometime’s we’ll talk at night and say, “Ok, what was your Africa moment today?” And almost always, there is one.

Recently I was doing some research, and I came across a blog that stopped me dead in my tracks. It’s a young couple who are 3 weeks into a year long comittment in Kenya. The cool thing is, they’re around our age, and they didn’t plan on going into the mission field. Just like us, God called them when they least expected it. They are not ministers or career missionaries, but just ordinary people who left other careers to follow God’s leading. I have gotten in contact with them, and I am excited to learn all I can!

Right now, I don’t know what God has up his sleeve. I feel like it is going to come in the form of a short (few week) trip this summer, and then from there, who knows? I am trying to remain open to what God wants to do. His plans are always SO much better than mine.

Please join us in praying about what God wants us to do!

Love, Jennifer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com