Back in April, I posted a bucket list… things I wanted to do before I die. I was looking back over it today, and I need to make some changes. So, without further ado, my revised list:
*get married
*have and/or adopt children
*own a home…maybe a farm
*start a non-profit organization
*travel the world
*go to a Bama game (9-18-09, Josh took me to Bama v. North Texas)
*see David Crowder and Norah Jones in concert (not together, obviously)
*go to NYC including Broadway show
*own a ‘67 Mustang
*drive route 66
*hold some sort of political office…even if it’s town council
*learn to speak French fluently (which I should already be able to do)
*go on a foreign mission trip
*go to every state in the US
*learn to play piano
*dye my hair red (I got brave on 7-04-09 and let Nicole loose on my head)
*go to a monster truck rally
*ride in an air boat (Josh surprised me in July with a ride through the delta)
*eat a whole pizza
As for the italicized entries, I may have changed my mind on these. I am not sure about having children. I’m sure this is just a phase in my life, and that I will eventually change my mind, but hear me out on this one… I think (at least for now) that I am meant to work with children in missions or maybe in the non-profit capacity.Which leads me to the second point. I don’t feel the need to start a non-profit organization. There are SO many great organizations to support that are already in existance, I just need to find one to work for. As for French, it’s a beautiful language, but I don’t feel the need to learn it better that I once felt. If I am meant to stay in this area, Spanish will be the language to learn…and if I’m meant to go somewhere else, I’m feeling like Swahili will be the language I need most!
As for the others, I still hope, with time, to accomplish them. I’m in no hurry…I’m enjoying the life God is blessing me with. However, there are a few additions that I would like to make.
*go to Africa for an extended period of mission work
*drive and/or own a 2010 Challenger
*experience life in another city…even if it’s just Mobile.
*stay in a bed and breakfast
*meet a former or current president
We’ll see where this goes!

0 comments:
Post a Comment