Monday, April 27, 2009

Everything's right-ish

Take my heart, I lay it down

At the feet

of You who’s crowned

Take my life

Letting go

I lift it up

to You who’s throned

And I will worship You, Lord

Only You, Lord

And I will bow down before You

Only You, Lord

Take my fret, take my fear

All I have I’m leaving here

Be all my hopes, be all my dreams

You’re my delights

Be my everything

And I will worship You, Lord

Only You, Lord

And I will bow down before You

Only You, Lord

And I will worship You, Lord

Only You, Lord

And I will, I will bow down before You

Only You, Lord

And it’s just You and me here now

Only You and me here now

And it’s just You and me here now

Only You and me here now

You should see the view

When it’s only You

This song is perfect to describe my life right now. God is so good!! It’s amazing to finally be in the place where I can look into the future without fear. It’s so cool to see the way God brings His plans together. Things that I have questioned for years are finally starting to make sense to me. And God is answering prayers that I’ve been praying for such a long time.

God has been rocking my world lately, and I love it. As Jon Foreman wrote, “Oh Lord, God of our fathers, You Lord are God of the present tense.” I think we forget sometimes that God is a real and present God, here in our day to day lives. I’ve been reading Ted Dekker’s circle trilogy, and it has totally revolutionized my view of God. He delights in me. He pursues me. He is wildly in love with me. I bring Him joy. He longs to be with me. These things I know, but sometimes I forget. Plus, I’m pretty stubborn, and sometimes I have to hit my head against the same wall several times before I realize that it’s not going anywhere, and I need to quit being stupid before I have a concussion!

I am so thankful for a God who has good things planned for my life. I am thankful too for a God who created me for a purpose, who believes in me, and who doesn’t give up on me.

Lastly, I’m thankful to God for blessing me with a wonderful man who mirrors these qualities in the way he relates to me. Thanks be to God who does more than I could ask or imagine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com