Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Off off off Broadway

Today I was sitting at work... bored out of my gourd.  I had a lot going on, and I was trying to keep up.  I had messaged Josh to bounce some ideas off of him for supper, and I just wasn't feeling it.  I wanted to go out to eat, but we're trying hard to stay on a budget, and I knew that wasn't in the plan.  Then, I get a phone call from my husband.

Josh: "Hey, you're not cooking supper tonight."

Me: "I'm not?! How's that going to work?"

Josh: "I've packed a picnic and I'm taking you to the Baldwin Pops sunset concert on the bluff."

Me: (stunned silence, followed by squealing, followed by "Are you for real?!... I know, I'm so articulate)

So, I got home and was greeted by these beauties.  Can. You. Believe. It?  The man's a stud, what can I say?

He had packed a delicious picnic, in my favorite (and only) picnic basket, and had a blanket, and whisked me off to the bay.



Y'all the concert was wonderful.  I love live music, especially orchestral music.  They were playing hits from Broadway, so there were some of my favorite pieces involved.  Not to mention, I played with the Pops in college, so they forever hold a special place in my heart.  

For your enjoyment, some video and pictures:

You may know, I'm terrible at selfies...

So things quickly descended into immaturity



My ever high brow husband, and a view from our blanket



Thank you, sweetheart, for a wonderful surprise.  You "get" me, and that makes me a happy girl :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com