Where were you when I created the earth?
Tell me, since you know so much!
Who decided on its size? Certainly you’ll know that!
Who came up with the blueprints and measurements?
How was its foundation poured,
and who set the cornerstone,
While the morning stars sang in chorus
and all the angels shouted praise?
And who took charge of the ocean
when it gushed forth like a baby from the womb?
That was me! I wrapped it in soft clouds,
and tucked it in safely at night.
Then I made a playpen for it,
a strong playpen so it couldn’t run loose,
And said, ‘Stay here, this is your place.
Your wild tantrums are confined to this place.’
Can you find your way to where lightning is launched,
or to the place from which the wind blows?
Who do you suppose carves canyons
for the downpours of rain, and charts
the route of thunderstorms
That bring water to unvisited fields,
deserts no one ever lays eyes on,
Drenching the useless wastelands
so they’re carpeted with wildflowers and grass?
Job 38:4-11, 24-27 The Message
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my role in life as compared to God’s. So often, I get caught up in my problems, in the decisions I have to make, and I forget that God’s got this. He doesn’t need my help. I waste so much time and energy worrying and fretting and planning and thinking…I’m sure I must look like a hamster in a wheel to Him. I’m running and running and never getting anywhere. All I have to do is trust and ask. How do you know unless you ask? And how do you change unless you trust?
God is just standing there with a smile on His face, shaking His head at me saying, “Oh, my darling…you have such a fight in you…I love that about the way I created you. But, my dear, you need to rest in me. Stop. Why do you worry? I know what you need. I know what is best. I know how this is going to work out. Rest!” And He opens his arms and motions for me to come.
However, I don’t always get the message. Sometimes I say, “What’s that God? I can’t hear you! This wheel is squeaking too loud. Give me 5 more minutes to run this out and see what I can come up with. Can you hang on a sec.?
When I put it like that, I can realize just how ridiculous I look to Him, and just how easy it really is to rest in His perfect provision, if only I will allow myself. God is good. His plans are best. He has shown me this over and over…”just look! Jennifer, this is more than you asked or ever imagined. I love you!! I have great things planned for you!”
His love is pretty awesome. Trust Him. Rest in Him. Let go…who knows what you might get instead!

0 comments:
Post a Comment